Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Eating Healthy = Higher Networth

One of my new year's resolutions was to begin eating a lot healthier than I have been. It was a three-pronged attach plan: 1) start counting calories, 2) stop snacking on chips, cookies, etc., and 3) start going to the gym more than once a week.

A surprising result of this resolution is that I've begun to spend less at the grocery store. Before, I was probably buying about $30-50 of groceries a week and spending another $40 a week eating out.

I'm eating in more now, which you would think would shift the cost to the groceries side. Yet, by cutting out the highly-processed foods like potato chips and ice cream, my grocery bill is about $25-40 a week and I'm only spending about $30 a week eating out.

At worst, a cost comparison says I'm paying just as much, but I'm much healthier. At best, I've reduced my spending by about 40%!

No comments: