Sunday, May 31, 2009

Networth Update

Wow, looking back, it's been a good two months since I've posted a networth update.

On the whole, things are going pretty well. Now that the stock market is back, my investment account and 401(k) are both steadily rising, while no new major expenditures have helped keep me heading toward the break-even point.

As of May 31, 2009, my networth is -$5,569.23. My networth increases about $610 a month with a 62.3% probability. I'm trying to increase that probability month to month by sticking closely to my budget.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

How did you decide to depreciate the car by that amount, and how did you decide the 62% chance of increasing that amount? I'd be interested in seeing your formula and maybe using it in our networth posts - we currently just go to kbb.com for the car values.

Also - SO close to a positive networth! I bet you could make it by the end of the year! :)

Kevin Harder said...

You might want to check out using quicken.com 's online budgeting tool. It will pull in all your transactions from all your different bank accounts, brokerage accounts and credit cards and lets you categorize everything and run reports. It also lets you set goals, see trends, automatically learns repeat categorizations, predicts recurring transactions for projected balances, dynamic reports, etc. All free and where you can check it from any web browser. It has been a pretty good tool for keeping an eye on everything in one spot.