Monday, March 31, 2008

Networth Update - Another month, another gain

This month saw huge drains to my bank account, as my 7-day cruise coincided with paying my parents back for their initial out-of-school loan to me.

However, this was offset by my tax refund and continued adherence to my budget.

Also, I've found myself using less cash on discretionary items, but finding that I have been spending more on food, and especially on coffee. I suppose sleep could help me save some money there.

Compared to last month, my networth is up 0.13% or $1,265.65.

Overall, this bring my networth to -$6,020.28 or -0.60% away from my goal.

On a side note, I am now designating Bank #2 as my emergency fund bank, since I use Bank #1 primarily for bills and checks, and expect the money in Bank #2 to accumulate interest.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think there might be a small typo in your spreadsheet formula. You dont count Card #6 in your liabilities total. I think the liabilities total should be around $61.2K

Finance Guy said...

Wow, you are absolutely right. I'm going to have to go back and restate my months...