Sunday, June 15, 2008

Looking forward to July

Just got word that my next rotation is going to be focused on security and risk analysis. I'm super excited. Not only was this my top choice, but I was one of many who applied for this rotation. The skills I will get to build out in this rotation will definitely be good on the resume for my switch to i-banking.

This may come as a shock to some readers, but that is my real end-goal. As a young MBA, ibanks will not hire me as an Associate level. Instead, they would make me work my way up.

Knowing this, I have chosen a leadership program to go through to pick up all the necessary soft skills I would need in a condensed period of time. Along the way, I'm selecting my rotations that easily translate to the ibank world.

In addition, when I do rotate in July, I should also see a pay raise. My guess is 5-7%, but I have heard of numbers as high as 10%.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

No comments: