Wednesday, July 25, 2007

CFA Level I Results are in

And I, along with 60% of the other test takers, did not pass CFA Level I's. Like the OWL's of Harry Potter, I won't be moving on to the next level until I can pass this one.

Honestly, I saw this coming, as I didn't really spend as much time as I should have studying all the material, figuring my MBA studies were enough. Not until later, did I realize how true the saying, "MBA is a mile wide in business and an inch deep in finance, and CFA is a mile deep in finance and an inch wide in business."

Looking at the breakdown of the section, the parts I was good at was ethics, economics and quantitative analysis. Other aspects, such as portfolio management and alternative assets, I did not do as well in.

I'm just going to have to hunker down and study hard for the December one.

No comments: