Sunday, July 15, 2007

Moved in, but without internet...

For the last few days, I have been in the process of moving into my apartment. It was a bit rough, as I had to deal with the world's slowest elevator and intermittent shutdowns of the elevator for maintenance and other people's move-ins.

On top of that, my desktop computer did not survive 3 months in my basement, forcing me to go out and buy a new one. That was a fun $900 unplanned expense.

Yesterday, I also waited about 7 hours for the cable guy to show. They promised me they would show up between 2-5, and ended showing at 9:15. The guy played around with the cables for an hour and told me that he couldn't get cable to work, so no tv or internet.

Great.

So I can look forward to wasting more time another day.

In the mean time, I think I'm stealing wireless internet from my concierge's unsecured router.

No comments: