Sunday, April 15, 2007

Bonus + Pay for Car Weekend

Every weekend has been a banner weekend recently, but this one pretty much has been the best and more likely than not, the most memorable one for a long time. First off, my paycheck was in the 5 digits, since I got my normal pay and my sign on bonus, which makes for a happy day in anyone's life.

Friday night, I knew I was going to get my car the next day, so I felt like a little kid on Christmas Eve. I contemplated drinking water to ensure I woke up early enough...

Anyway, Saturday came, we went to the dealership, and with very little difficulty, the 328i Coupe was mine! That night, I took it out for a test drive, and as always, I followed all posted signs, especially the ones marked speed limit.

I swear. ;-)

I would have loved to take it out for a spin today too, but the crazy weather in the Northeast did not allow that to happen. On the positive side, the rain could flood out the highways, perhaps canceling work.

What personal finance related issues can I talk about? Very little. I've worked out my monthly car payments ($690.81) and I know how much it costs to own my car ($0.74 / mile). Those are both values that fit into my budget, and if purchases fit into your budget, there is very little reason to not purchase.

No comments: