Thursday, June 14, 2007

Happiness - What is that worth?

I found myself in an extremely content mood today. It seemed so out of place as there were a lot of pressures at work, deadlines to meet, and errands I had squeeze in before the sun went down. And yet, I was skipping from cubicle to cubicle humming to myself.

Any outsider must have thought I was crazy.

I still not too sure I'm sane right now. But it is a great feeling, to finally be happy with where I am, what I am doing and who I am.

It seems very odd.

Maybe money is buying me happiness? I can eat what I want to eat, hang out with people I want to hang out with, and do what I feel like doing. Certainly while money is directly turning into happiness, using it is certainly feeling good.

Am I just buying into the American consumerism culture, or is karma just balancing the scale for all the bad days I've had?

Oh well. I'm going into this weekend with a packed schedule. But that's exactly the kind of schedule I like. Sure, it's going to be probably a $50-$200 weekend, but hey, when else am I going to spend money?

No comments: